Grill vegetarian dishes under your louvered roof system. Now after the whole project is done, you’ve passed the design/installation of your dream patio cover, everything is ready to entertain. With your new louvered roof system that requires no maintenance your biggest worry should be feeding the crowd that’s knocking on your door. When you can entertain year round, your main worry should be your guests. Here’s a few easy light dishes that you can easily barbecue.
Solara grilled eggplant salad
When the weather heats up, you want some a light refreshing dish, open your louvered roof system to give you the exact light and heat you want while getting a cool breeze and still let the barbeque smoke out.
- Whole eggplant
- Tahini sesame paste (you can get it at any whole foods, sprouts or middle eastern grocery store)
- Fresh lemons or limes
- Pine nuts (optional)
- Fresh green chili (optional)
- Cilantro or Parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Mint leaves (optional)
- Olive oil
- Take a fork and poke a few holes on each side into the eggplant.
- Grill the eggplant from both sides until the outer layer burns and the inside gets soft (about 20-30 minutes, eggplant will look smooched)
- Prep the ingredients chopping the garlic, washing and chopping the rest of the herbs. You can roast the pine nuts as well.
- Cut the eggplant in half the middle, pour the Tahini sauce, add 1 spoon full of olive oil and squeeze lemon juice, spread the herbs, garlic, and pine nuts if you want a spicy kick to it add the fresh chili and finish with salt and pepper
Solara Grilled Salsa
Like your louvered roof system this grilled salsa is good for any weather. You can make it extra spicy for the winter days or light and refreshing for the hot summer days.
- 2 tomatos
- 1 small onion
- 1 bell pepper (any color)
- Fresh chili
- Whole garlic head
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Fresh lemons
- Poke tomatoes and grill them with the rest of the vegetables (onion, bell peppers, chili, garlic)
- When tomatoes are smooshed and soft, the peppers and chili have burned skin, onions and garlic are soft, take them off the grill.
- The veggies will be very hot so you want to wait a few minutes to cool down.
- Remove the bell pepper seeds, peel chili and pepper skin (doesn’t have to be perfect) squeeze the garlic head to get garlic cloves out.
- Chop all ingredients and mix them. Squeeze half of a lemon and add a bit of olive oil (optional – fresh mint leaves)
Solara Banana Split
Like your louvered roof cover, this recipe is loved by children and adults. You can use it year round and it’s a very easy and unique desert to impress your guests.
- Yellow bananas
- Aluminum foil
- Vanilla ice cream
- Nuts (optional)
- Make slice on banana long ways (leave peel on, like making a pocket)
- Insert chocolate into created pocket
- Wrap with aluminum foil and grill it. (15-30 minutes)
- Open aluminum foil, add vanilla ice cream scoop and finish by adding nuts
Now, your guests will not only be impressed by your amazing patio and eco-friendly louvered roof system, they will know that not only you’re the perfect host, but you’re also a grill master. Not sure what you’re waiting for, you should be heading to your groceries to get your ingredients by now.