Solara extruded louver system was designed and engineered to withstand high wind loads. The extruded louver roof system has been in the market for more than 20 years and distributed all over the world.
Because Solara is an international company, we have to consider all types of needs in all types of weather.
Our generic engineering is designed to withstand up to 150 mph. With Solara’s engineering you do not have to worry whether you left your cover open or closed in a high wind situation. It’s designed for any scenario.
The main difference between the roll forming and the extruded louver system is the louver span. With the extruded louver you can span up to 40% more.
VARIETY OF COLORS
Solara Adjustable Patio Covers has an extensive assortment of colors so that you can pick your favorite color. The wide variety of colors for the patio covers includes wood-like colors that can match the looks and color schemes of your house or garden..
For instance, colors can be combined as followed: the pillar and beams can be painted metallic and the roof in a desert crème.
Solara’s Standard Colors are as follows:
It is best to paint the roof louvers in neutral bright tones, like crème (bright colors inspire a sense of open space), and to have the patio cover poles match the exterior walls or the house’s window frames.
All colors are oven applied with an aluminum coating to meet the world’s highest standard.
When we started promoting Solara in Northern Europe, more than 20 years ago, we needed to come up with a solution for heavy snow loads and still allow large spans. This is how we came up with the extruded louver roof system.
With our generic engineering, you can go up to 30 psf of snow load, which means if you have a cover that is 30’x20’ ft. our system is designed to carry up to 18,000 pounds and still have large spans.
Both roll forming and extruded louver roof systems can carry heavy snow loads, however since you will need fewer rafters in an extruded louvered roof system, the price difference will not be as large.
Extruded louver is powder coated with robotic paint machines which spray high quality power paint on all sides. It is then melted in a 360 degree oven which fuses the coating to cover all surfaces; it comes with a lifetime guarantee
The Solara extruded louvers provide an excellent seal to prevent rain from falling through your cover when enjoying a rainy day. The vinyl seal is attached to the extrusion via a protruded channel and uses a level fin attachment technology which makes it easier removal and installation as needed. The vinyl seal is in the shape of a bulb to maximize the seal as it makes contact with the adjoining louver. It’s designed to provide a second layer of defense against the elements. With this feature you can be worry free of getting wet on a rainy day, yet enjoy it under the Solara patio cover.
- The vinyl seal is UV protected and lifetime warranty.
- The Solara extruded louver roof system is the only one on the market that has the technology to provide the vinyl seal.
Commercial Patio Covers
Solara has been supplying solutions for businesses around the world for more than 25 years. It can be a restaurant,hospitality, sitting area of offices, universities, etc.
- Increase your outdoor sitting area.
- The most affordable louver systems on the market.
- Contemporary and urban design or southwestern design with our wood grain color.
- Our system can be installed on any substructure such as wood, metal, concrete, etc.
- 6 standard colors and more than 1,000 custom colors
- Easy maintenance
- Can be used in any shape, gable, triangular, round, curved.
- Generic engineering or site specific
- 3D model
- Manual or motorized
- Lifetime warranty, the best warranty on the market.
- If needed, we can apply a gutter system
- Complements any type of design such as brick, stucco, siding, etc.
- Automatic rain and wind sensor
- Can add lighting, fences, and heating systems.
- The longest louver in the market, up to 23ft long.
- Vinyl seal as an extra layer of protection.
- Solara is the only one that offers roll formed or extruded louvered roof systems.
- More than 25 years of international manufacturing.
- Made in the USA
Among our clients, NASA, IDT, Orange (the biggest cell phone company in Europe) hotels in Monaco, University of Long Beach, Utah State University, Apple restaurant in West Hollywood Los Angeles, Ben Gurion International Airport, Tel Aviv, Milan Italy golf resort, the Doobie brothers studio, City Hall Montpellier France, Aroma coffee shop chain, and many more.
Additional Commercial Benefits
Manufacturing louvered roof systems more than 25 years in any type of weather such as Arizona’s dry summer, Scandinavian freezing winter, Florida humidity, Amazon rain forest, has forced us to come up with a product that will last a lifetime in any type of weather and will pass permits in every country.
We at Solara are very proud of our engineered fiberglass bracket. It is made from a special composite that originally was developed for NASA’s space vehicles and contains 30% fiberglass and has a high UV protection.
- Our fiberglass louver bracket has been tested in an ICC approved laboratory and has passed all tests UV protection, humidity and dry tests, flexibility, strength, and hardness.
- The fiberglass louver bracket has been approved by various codes such as European IC, American ICC and IBC, the Israeli TAV-T, etc.
- Our fiberglass louver brackets are designed to be light and allow us light live load engineering meaning better spans.
- Our fiberglass louver bracket is UV protected and it is lifetime warranty.
- Our fiberglass louver bracket will insulate the metal reaction between 2 metal parts and prevent corrosion.
- Our fiberglass louver bracket is patented around the world and cannot be copied.
- Our unique design allows us to connect the louvers without any screws.
Our extruded louver is designed and engineered to carry and withhold heavy snow loads and high wind loads.Our extruded louver is the thickest louver on the market. 1.9mm. With more than 25 years of international manufacturing experience, we are the only company that can offer the vinyl seal technology. We have 4 standard colors, wood grain, and more than 1,000 custom colors. Our louver can be as long as 23ft long.
- Extruded louver is designed for extreme wind and snow loads as well as commercial applications.
- In most cases, the roll forming louvers will be more than sufficient.
- The roll formed and extruded louver use the same louver brackets and therefore you will always be able to upgrade from roll formed to extruded louvers if desired.
Smart roofs for the deck and patio have the ability to open and close, thus allowing full protection from the rain and sunlight.
The patio cover louvers can be opened and closed as needed, so you can choose between an open or closed roof.
The louvers can tilt open to an angle of 130 º and can tilt shut to 0 º. This is just like having a built in roof. Naturally, any intermediate position can be maintained, allowing you to tune the shade light ratio to your liking at any time of day. This feature allows you to maximize the time sitting outdoors, under the patio cover, throughout the year.
The patio cover roof can be divided into two separate controlled sections. This way when you are having a barbecue, the roof louvers over the grill can remain open, letting the smoke out, while your guests can sit under the closed section enjoying both air and shade.
The angle of the roof louvers can be adjusted manually or by using a remote control.
Also the roof louvers are made from the highest quality recycled aluminum making them a green roof or Eco-friendly roof. The aluminum metal roofs also require the least possible maintenance and can be easily cleaned with just soap and water.